Thread: ARRRGH! a vent
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:08 PM
QBeth

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Great idea. In the interim, get a notepad and start taking orders from the people who call. Name, address, phone number, email. Don't take their payment just tell them to pay when they receive a statement. Set up delivery dates if that is part of the order. Diligently write the orders down on the notepad just as if you were the business owner. Don't be lax, remember everything the order would include.
Send the notepad paper to the store owner every 6 months until she shows you proof the problem has been resolved./Regards, Dorothy
I LOVE this idea! I don't necessarily want to be the cause of lost business for someone but.... wait a minute!! I'm not the cause. The business owner is!!!

Something similar happened to me at my previous address. I kept getting collect calls from a location I won't name. For these types of calls, the operator has to ask if you'll accept the call? Thirteen years I put up with this. Why? I don't know... just stubborn, I guess, plus it cost money to change the number on top of the inconvenience. One night, I lost my patience. Started telling the poor operator (I was polite) about how these same idiots keep calling me!!! Don't they know by NOW, after so many years, that they're calling the wrong number? Just how STUPID are they?!! Of course the operator could only commiserate with me. BUT, I could hear the "idiots" chatting in the background so I knew they heard what I was saying. I knew they heard me... the collect calls stopped.