Old 06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
StitchinJoy

Originally Posted by Caer Urfa
I have quite enough quilts for my own use but can never resist making just one more. My family have as many as they want. I do make quilts for the Linus Project as well and I get real satisfaction out of that. How many do you have and what do you do with them? I'm talking about finished quilts!
I can't resist making one more, and then another, and another-- and I've been quilting for 40 years.

We have 3 nice quilts for each of the 2 beds, ours and the guest room.

I have a twin quilt folded over the back of the sofa 9 months a year for cuddling in the evening. I think I have 3 for there depending on the season.

I have at least 3 for the back of my cozy chair too, a bit smaller maybe 50 x 70". I change them with the seasons too. And a quilt over the back of the rocker just for pretty.

I have a wall quilt in my workroom that I use as a memo board. I pin my work orders and my project plan to it.

And I have maybe 10 different quilted table runners. They really brighten up our dark oak dining room table.

I've made quilts for all my friends and for my family. Now most of my quilts go to charities: Camp Erin, Project Linus or Quilts of Valor. I'm quilt coordinator for the Camp Erin in the Philadelphia area-- a bereavement camp for children who have lost a loved one, a place for them to go and be with other grieving children, and learn to heal. They need 100 quilts for 100 kids every year and we know how much comfort the kids get from their quilts. There are Camp Erin camps in 20 states.

http://www.moyerfoundation.org/programs/camperin.aspx