Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by amma
You have a very pretty sewing room, I love that big window :D:D:D
Hi Amma,
You are very quick. I do too. Being very claustrophobic, one of the things I love about our new home is that I can see outside everywhere and never feel closed in. Every home we've lived in has HAD to be that way. Some are dark and more closed in but I need those windows a lot. I really enjoy my computer sewing room a lot. My husband wanted to share the room with me but I told him that was impossible so we put his computer system at the end of our dining room. We didn't feel we'd need a dining room very often so it's a great place for his computer. I have my sewing machine facing the window so I can look out while sewing. I was set up similarly in our IL home as well. When our daughter left home I took over her room and loved it but it was larger and I could have a nice comfy chair to sit in and quilt. I could put one in here as well but when the kids visit we really need to turn my sewing desk along the wall so we have room to put the inflatable mattress in there. Silly me figured that since the kids shared double beds at home, they could share a queen bed here - Oh know, they want their own space here. That's one small luxury we can do for them since at home they do have to share their bedrooms. Katie 17 usually sleeps in the guest room with her Mom (Dad hasn't come yet). Michelle has an inflatable that is in our foyer and now Michael has one that is in the guest room with his Mom and sister. He's 10 but is autistic and we don't want him roaming the house without supervision as he used to be an escape artist and we need to keep tabs on him. She says he's past that now and I sure hope so but this is also his very first trip away from home for over night. They are driving down and so far it sounds like they are doing well. They are do within the hour so decided to get these photos off the camera so it's freed up for more important photos.
Thank you Amma.
Hugs
Patty