Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Lois-nounoe

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I have an old style oval wood hoop that sits on a stand with two legs down and cross feet and cross bar I can move around with my feet. I got it at a garage sale many years ago and I don't think it has a name. the hoop tilts. I just have to keep tightening the wing nuts every so often. guess I should see whats new out there.
I got one of those for $5 at a yard sale! It needed a small repair job but I do like it. I haven't used it for a while cause the cats think it is a hammock and loosen my tension on my quilt. I have a large oval hoop also. Again, cats and tension. Their weight loosens the top oval or pop it off altogether. I got a plastic frame from a quilting quild auction with some other stuff. It is four bar that adjust to the size you want it and has small plastic pieces that hold the quilt in place. It takes a bit more to adjust your quilt than the wooden hoops but it is "cat proof"!! LOL Why is it that those little buggers ignore you all day but pick up the quilt and they are on your lap and must be on the part of the quilt you are working on??