Old 06-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Kieta

Originally Posted by Lori L
Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
I'm finding the double wedding ring quilt a challenge. I never want to make another one of these!!
ugghhh.......I'm hoping I'm not making the biggest mistake of my short quilting career. Your post is making me nervous. My daughter has requested I make her my next project which is only my 3rd!!! It's the Amish Wedding Ring though and doesn't have all the curves. I'm in the middle of sewing together millions of little 2" triangles into units and then will need to start piecing together. The directions recommend deciding on color placement by putting it together on the wall and carefully machine stiching and then returning it to the wall to avoid screwing up the color bands. I'm going to have to do set in seams for the 1st time too and that's also making me nervous. I've found some good articles with pictorials so I'm hoping I'm okay. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)
Forge ahead. someone once asked me why i pick challenging patterns and all i could say was "no one told me i couldn't do them" Please post a pic when you are done. would love to see how your wedding ring turns out.