Thread: Pricing quilts?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:31 AM
susan s.

rebecca If someone asked me how much I'd charge them for a quilt I believe I would have to answer the Q with the Q "How much do you think it would be worth?" If they are serious I'd expect a serious offer. If the offer was ridiculously low I would wonder about their qualification to be a recipient of fine art. :lol: Like if they are looking for a dog blanket Wallyworld, or even better, Big-Lots sells quilt look-a-likes for about $12.00. I'd let them know about how long it takes to do 1 square. to start with and let them add that up for themselves at whatever rate you consider worth your time. And mention the cost of materials and the cost of time you might spend on the quilting. If this person seems serious enough I might indicate I would be open to negotiation. :twisted: :arrow: :thumbup: Of course this is a moot point if you are not availiable to do the work. But having an opportunity to eduacate a non-quilter about what it actually takes to create a "one of a kind" masterpiece in the medium of fabric art would certainly be it's own reward don't ya think?