Old 06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

"Somebody" (one of the grands?), but "I don't know" didn't shut the upright freezer door in the basement utility room. Last night, I went to get some fresh garden lettuce out of the refrigerator there and saw a stream of water running down the drain from the freezer. Some of the meat was still slightly frozen and put in the smaller freezer--the 30 pounds of canning meat, all the soup bones, boiling beef, venison, 2 rolled rump roasts, a pork loin, 2 chickens, and 2 bone in breasts were thawed, but still cold. All the vegetables and applesauce are going to be tossed.
Today I cooked the roasts and chicken in the oven(shared with other family members) and currently am canning meat. On my second canner (it takes 90 minutes to pressure can meat in quarts), and have a third one of pints in waiting. Then have the broth to process from the soup bones. Gonna be a long night--guess I have an excuse to be on the board for an extended period of time tonight!
Tomorrow I clean the freezer and then show the grands (ages 4 to 9) how to make sure the door is shut! Lucky for them they had finished off the fudge bars!

So much for finishing the doll quilt for the June swap these past 2 days.

So what's your story?