Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
QBeth

My 62 year old "toddler" left the freezer door open (by mistake). He also likes to leave cupboard doors open, drawers, etc. What is that?! :-)

The latest mishap was the washing machine (front loader). While emptying out a load of light colored clothes, I noticed a brown line of something on a pair of pants. Fortunately, I found it before they went in the dryer! So, I started checking for the source. Sure enough, when I peeled back the big seal, down inside I found several coins, a couple of washers, and aobut a dozen rusty one inch SCREWS! "Gee, I don't remember putting screws in any of my pockets!" No, they must have walked in there by themselves. :-)

After removing the "items," I decided to run the clean cycle that most of these front loaders have. What's the old saying....??... if it works, don't fix it?! Sure enough, ended up with an error code indicating a pump problem. So, last night, instead of working on his '62 T-bird, he had to take the pump, filter, and such apart. He said he didn't see anything clogging the pump or filter but, when he first drained the water, he did hear a PLUNK in the metal catch pan before the shop vac sucked it up. Geeeee, wonder what that might have been?!

Long story short, the washing machine is working once again. It's been a blessing that he does his own wash but, like most things, there can be a downside. Thankfully, he's very handy and nothing bad happended like having to replace the pump. Whew! Gotta love them.