Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
lazyquilter

I normally use Auriful and Isocod as I found seversl sites thast I can get them quite cheaply and I just prefer them. I am doing some embroidery ojn a baby quilt, but not on a hoop. I'm actually using a series of 3 little decorative stitches to run dow the side of an inside seam. Because of the color of bsck which is so prety, I am using a light lavender bobbin thread. and while the top thread is the Auriful cream, that's not a problem. But for this preticular decorative stitch I fround a stunning viarigated sulky thread that is so adorable eccept for one thing... no matter what I have tried, it breaks. I will admit it is a little heavier then I am used to using, but I am at the point that I hasve to keep going or I will have a very unsightly mess if I decide to snip it all out. I am not close to the sewing machine right now, so I am unsure what the weight is. Does Sulky carry more then one weight? And since this is not going to happen again, can I have some recomendations on the varigated threads that would work well as the top thread for this work. Would appreciated. Since I can not stay at the machine for very long, I try to get as much done as I can. So any suggestions to get me passed this particular problem would be asppreciated.

Blue