View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Lori L

I have a feeling as time goes on that many of us who are currently "fabric snobs" :) are going to have to bite
the bullet and put our money where are mouths are. Quilting is our hobby and some may be willing to put out the extra for the fabric we enjoy sewing with. Many though are going to have to downgrade the fabric used to continue enjoying the hobby we love. I do realize that our grandmothers before us was using anything on hand for quilts that were necessities and not a hobby but did that make their quilts any less beautiful??? Why is it we all love to see the heirloom quilts and feel honored to have them? I guarantee there was no Moda, Hoffman etc fabrics being used. LOL I too like using a good cotton fabric that has a good "hand". I have recently just learned to quilt and I started out as a spoiled fabric snob. BUT...I am new and don't have a big stash yet. I love quilting enough already to say if I was given a choice between quilting or not quilting.....I'll go with the cheaper fabric to continue my growth as a quilter. Just my two cents worth.....and then some. LOL