View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM
clem55

This isn't about a dream, as I already wrote about that, but this is about the night my brother died. My brother had a condition that left him rather bitter about God for a very long time. He had a lot of questions about the whys of life, and no answers, but toward his last year to live he was terrified of going to sleep for fear he wouldn"t wake. As I tried to comfort him in his last hours, he was very angry. and downright hateful, but he looked at me once and said, "Mom". I look a lot like Mom, so I just thought he was confused, so I talked to him like he was my child, and it seemed to calm him. He slipped into a coma state , and my sister and I waited. Suddenly the most heart-rending sound came from him and I ran to his side thinking it was the pain, but as I leaned toward him, what I saw was a smile and tears pouring from his eyes, and the sound was him sobbing and laughing at the same time. It is something I will never forget. I had some doubts about loved ones coming to fetch us" Home" , but I've never doubted since that night, that my Mom came to take my brother Home. Mom was a woman of great Christian beliefs, and I know she had tried to talk to my brother about God, and she knew the torment he went through for so long , trying to find his answers. Well, in that final minute for my dear brother, Mom was there and he finally had his answer.