Old 07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
swimer girl

[quote=daniellern76]My first official project was a table runner. Just finishing the binding now. I had the hardest time pinning it together without it looking saggy in the back. It took me an hour! I can't imagine how long a twiin or full quilt will take me! I taped the backing tightly to the table, spread out the batting and then the top and used the brass quilting pins that I saw recommended. I had to redo it numerous times before I considered it acceptable. Any shortcuts or hints you all have for me? I wish I could just roll it onto something, nice and tight and have it turn out perfectly![/quote

You did the right thing buy taping the back to the table, but I think you would have had an easier time if you had spray basted, first your batting and then your top. Possibly pinning it tog loosened the back....i'm not sure about that but maybe others will be able to help. I really tape my backs down securely and have learned to use the spray.
Hope this helps you ...hugs SG

PS...I read from the back to the front so after writng this I see that almost everyone recommended the spray basting....I use WM's spray and it doesnt gum up my needle, but I do use it sparingly and let it dry...good luck