Thread: Round Robin
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 06:42 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

you need to make sure EVERYONE, EVERYTIME adds insurance and delivery confirmation to their packages, no matter where it is going, and make sure that the insurance increases with the quilt...what is appropriate in the beginning is not nearly enough after 2 or 3 rounds are added. I have participated in 5 different international round robins...a couple of them were very expensive to participate in, we were required to not only add our border but also yardage the package grew with each round and by the last round it cost me over $100 just to add the required yardage and mail it to the UK. so make sure your group is ready for the expense involved and knows the cost will grow with each round. different rr's are done in different ways and some you do not have to send extra just the quilt as it grows but packaging still grows and postage requirements grow as well. the expensive one i participated in was 7 rounds all together and i probably spent about $500 participating between the fabric requirements and postage/insurance requirements.