View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 AM
lilpoohbearie
Banned

When I was 7 my mom went to a fabric store near our home and they were selling swatch books for cheap we bought them out. She spent the day sorting and decided to make a quilt. So I asked if I could make one. She never showed me how to sew I just did it. Now 30 years later (I really dread saying that). I don't mean to bring this up evertime I write but it is important to the topic. 2 years ago I had to stop working due to a back injury (I have scar tissue in my spine that involves the nerves I live in constant pain on scale of 1-10 it's around a 9) I decided since I could not work I didn't feel like I provided to society so to give back I created my own business. It allowed me to use quilting as a one way for me to theraputically escape the pain for a little bit and make beautiful quilts. My husband decided to start his non-profit which takes care of police/fire/vets families so we combined them and now I make quick quilts, bargello style and strip quilts. All this from my mom buying material 30 years ago!