View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:57 PM
TanyaMas

Im worrying and wondering...

what level of perfection do long arm quilters expect out of the tops sent to be quilted?
Im such a beginner, but i dont have the machine or the time to do the quilting by hand.
I dont have bunches or pleats, my points match... at times lol...
my cutting is hideous.. but i do try to trim into the right size... cant swear that it is the perfect shape and straight in every single centimeter..
And is it acceptable to pay to have just a basic patchwork squares quilt professionally quilted, or does it need to be something a bit fancier? I dont want to offend a quilter by sending them my tops.

Also.. is there a way to find 1 that you can trust to choose the color thread and quilt pattern to fit the quilt best? I dont really have the experience to know what stitch pattern would look best... I think they are all pretty lol.

And does anyone have any experience with the long arm services on ebay? i notice they seem to be cheaper and most include the batting... I calculated the cost if i was to pay the 0.015 per sq in. that most ask... theres no way i can pay that plus pay for batting and backing....

Im should be done with the 8 yr olds top within a couple days. will be 2 down, 2 to go :D
I know i am driving myself insane over these quilts, i cant help it. I will be glad when they are done, so i can relax and quit obsessing over them lol, and move onto less insanity driven quilting projects lol.