View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 AM
QuiltGran

I've been quilting for others on a longarm for 8 years so I know a bit about this. This is your quilt; my job is to make your work look fantastic. Don't worry that it's not good enough for the quilter, we work for you. Ask to see examples of the quilter's work, you'll find that some appeals to you more than others. Every style has it's place, some people are happy with a large meander with puffy, inexpensive batting and that's fine if that's what you want. As you get more experienced and you find that your work deserves more attention, you might want to find a quilter that incorporates more work into your quilt. Call around for prices and ask about added charges like thread/batting/loading/minimum charges/shipping and handling.
Ask a lot of questions, you'll discover your own style. Don't let an opinionated person decide for you. You have so many people out here who would love to work for you and this should be a pleasant experience. We love what we do and love the look on a customer's face when we've made their quilt live up to the customer's dream.