View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
LaurieE

I purchased a Moda jelly roll 3 weeks ago and I was so surprised by the large balls of lint. I didn't expect that. Those lint balls went everywhere. I was concerned about how much was getting inside my sewing machine. If I buy another jelly roll, I'm opening it outside and shaking it out real good before I do anything with it.

I would suggest hand washing the jelly roll or just soaking it in the sink. I would not put the strips through the washer even if you have a lingerie bag to put them in. I believe that is what will stretch and alter the shape of the strips. You'll still get a huge mess and that would be money wasted. If you put them in the dryer, they would be ok in a lingerie bag. The washer has an agitator, the dryer does not.

In the future when you wash & dry yardage, try washing and drying on delicate. You only want to wash out the sizing. Take the fabric out of the dryer while it is still a little damp. Then fold the fabric like it came off the bolt and iron it while it is damp. That will help to remove those terrible wrinkles due to washing.

I wish you luck with the fabric.