View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Ginakra

Thanks for the replies and tips so far, everyone :) To answer some of the questions:

I don't have reactions to all fabric nor all stores. My Hobby Lobby seemed fine enough, as did Hancock's, but Joann makes me sick every time I walk in there. I'm thinking most of my problem is the airborne lint/dust. So far, no rashes or itchiness from touching fabrics. This weekend, I got really fuzzy-headed, dizzy, congested, and fatigued. This is normal for me allergy-wise. I am worried that cutting fabric is going to be a problem. If so, then I got a LOT of selling "quilting stuff" on ebay to do.

If I avoided everything that made me feel sick, I'd be the girl in the bubble. ;) I also have fibromyalgia so cutting strips is almost as heinous as the allergy thing. Hence the waffling on whether to wash or return...if I could cut strips without problems, then I wouldn't have thought twice about returning the jelly rolls. However, if they are going to be off-size when I'm done washing, there's no question on returning them, for sure.

The jelly rolls I got are Moda Hunky Dory, is that the brand that shrank on you, bearisgray?

Thanks all :)