View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

we all talk about this off and on, we make a special quilt for a special person and the person ooohs and ahhhhhhhs over it then hides it ...never to be seen again.
the first one i made for my mom, an appliqued teapot quilt...she would not use, i told her i made it for your bed mom, use the quilt mom, i'm going to just take it back if you don't like it mom...
when i would stop by she would run down the hall get the quilt bring it out and drape it over something ...to show...then she would put it away again. well 5 years went by and i made her a second quilt...thinking maybe she will use it if she has two...
she had broke her hip, i went in cleaned her room washed her bedding and put the new quilt on her bed for when she returned home from the hospital; thinking when she saw how good it looked on the bed...
she couldn't get into that bed...with that quilt on it...something might happen to it....so;
the teapot went on the bed (FINALLY!) so, i guess i just have to 'rotate' them every few years :thumbup:
kids are the opposite...mom wants to save a quilt, the kids keep getting them back out...they know what they are for :)