Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
she won't use the quilt >

she won't use the quilt

she won't use the quilt

Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Annya
I love the cushions on your bed. Do you have the pattern for it? I am a cat person more than dog and would love to make it and have several scattered around the spare room,lounge and my bedroom.
Can I get a copy of the pattern please or where can I get it via email as I am in Australia
I do have the pattern. Let me look for it. PM me and I will send it to you. It is fun and pretty easy. I made a wall hanging from the pattern for a friend using Laurel Burch cat fabrics.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 PM

I made one of my brothers a quilt.
When I presented it to him, he was properly amazed and responded with a lot of praise and appreciation.
He said: It is an heirloom! (it wasn't)
I said: it is for you to use, it isn't an heirloom. It is a nice quilt, but hardly worthy of that delineation
He said: You gave the quilt to me. It is mine, now, and I declare it an HEIRLOOM. I will use it accordingly!
LOL - - I am a free woman, and by golly! I can appreciate that when I give a quilt to someone, it belongs to them to do with as they wish - - sort of the way God provided the world for us, for our use.
My job is to provide what I am able to provide to my family and others - - it isn't my job to care what they do with it.
I have my preferences, but we have to learn that when we give something away (we do it because we want to), it belongs to whoever receives it ...
I know it is hard not to take things personally, but in these cases, there is no percentage in doing so <wave>
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I made a jar quilt for DD for her 10th birthday present. It's very different from most jar quilts, I didn't have a pattern, was new to quilting and didn't know what I was doing.
http://www.threadsoftimefab.com click on projects, scroll down to Alfreda Hopper and click on the pix to enlarge it.
There's a blank space on the top shelf--the jar of frogs fell off and broke, and now little frogs are everywhere. Okay. DH said, "Don't give it to her until she's old enough to take good care of it." I said no that I wanted her to wallow, roll, drag, whatever she wanted to do with her quilt as long as she loved it. I gave him over a year ago for his 60th birthday and he hasn't spent a night without it since. LOL Both are still looking good.
WOW!!!! That is a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!!! Stunning!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady37
I think this says it all.

He turned to me and said:

'Never save something for a special occasion.

Every day in your life is a special occasion'.

I still think those words changed my life.

Now I read more and clean less.

I sit on the porch without worrying about anything.

I spend more time with my family, and less at work.

I understand now that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through.

I no longer keep anything.

I use crystal glasses every day...

I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket if I feel like it.

I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to.

The words 'Someday' and 'One Day'...are fading away from my dictionary.
;
If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now....

Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.

Live for today, for tomorrow is not promised to anyone..

Very well said! Words of wisdom to live each day by! Thank you.