View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Hinterland

Originally Posted by deedles215
Can I give you some critical feedback on the website? >ducking from flying tomatoes<
There are some spelling errors that catch my attention...
and (IMHO) the "ladies" in the book descriptions need to have less " " " around them; or none at all.
Can you also 'prettify' (speaking of spelling errors!) the website? I know.. it's all money... but a nice website and easy navigation mean a lot.
Also giving another description of you, your business, your goal-of sorts- in laymans terms near the top of both the blog and the website would help... I had to scroll down and read the descriptions to kind of understand what the books were about.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think you need to be clearer about what you're selling, and the top part of your website is the first place people look. If I hadn't read your request for help, I wouldn't bother scrolling down for information.

You might check with your local chamber of commerce or other business organizations to see if there's some marketing training available for you - I know our local community college has adult ed classes for entrepreneurs. Also, there is an organization called SCORE that may be able to help you with business mentoring.