Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 AM
crashnquilt

Okay, this thread has really gotten me to thinkin. First off, the "broad" that accosted the child, if it would have been me, I would have decked to "old girl" with something! Defense would have been protecting my child.

But I really hate it when I hear of other quilters having a "better than you are attitude" towards anyone! We all have different preferences when it comes to quilts. If we were all the same THERE WOULD ONLY BE ONE QUILT PATTERN! Like DUH!

As far as the title "Professional", WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE LADIES! That is a totally SELF PROCLAIMED title! I have been piecing and longarm quilting for years. I have had quilts in shows and won awards but I still say I'm and "advanced beginner" because I learn something new ALL THE TIME!

And regarding the tatoos, WOW! My longarm mentor has tatoos, dreadlocks, and plays in a heavy metal band! Now that would really shake up your LQS owners. I love Karen McTavish, her techniques and her methods. My sister went to a class with Karen M., who showed up in tattered blue jeans and BAREFOOT. Best teacher my sister ever had the joy in meeting.

I learned at a very early age to never discount or judge anyone by anything. Just because they are decked out in a 3 piece suit doesn't mean they are rich or good people.

Tortoisethreads, you keep doing exactly what you are doing because you are contributing to the quilters world in your unique way.