Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Am I missing something here?? Why exactly did that woman go nuts???
my granddaugter did nothing ... she had not even layed the quilt on the ground (yet) it was tucked under her arm, her and her friend were discussing where to put it...and were quite animated when the crazy woman attacked! (and just an fyi...the quilt is a game quilt with hop-scotch and other 'outdoor' games on it, made for outside play) the woman grabbed it away from her and yelled..."where is your mother? someone need to explain a few things to her!"
police officer friend and i went right over and i asked her just what she needed to explain and why did you just take her quilt away from her? (officer was out of uniform/ not on duty) she turned to me and asked if i was her mother? i said no i'm and thats as far as i got...she told me she needed to talk to this childs MOTHER and i should mind my own business...at this point officer stepped in...she became very beligerent with him (not knowing of course...) all the while my poor granddaughter is like hiding behind us afraid...adults are not supposed to act this way... the only thing quilt related said during any of this was...this KID was about to put this on the ground and her mother should be shot...she went on to say more about respect/value...that's about as far as she got before she decided to take a swing at my friend (as she threw the quilt on the ground) granddaughter snatched it up and ran to put it back in the van...crying; the woman went from bad to worse and was hauled away in cuffs...my granddaughter's will not take their game quilts to the park anymore, they are afraid of being attacked.