Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 AM
HeatherQuilts

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Wow, I am glad I have never had an encounter like those described here.

I am wondering if there is ever an appropriate time to comment on someone else's quilt? I ask because a situation recently arose in my HOG (motorcycling) group. For years I made T-Shirt quilts for the club to raffle off. Unfortunately the last few years I was totally burnt out on it and did not offer. One of the girls who works in the shop volunteered to make it. I saw it hanging in the shop and know it will not last through 3 washings. She did not use any interfacing on the T shirt squares, it has tons of loose fabric hanging in the back and she only tied it in the corner of each 12" square. I know of no poly batting that can be tied 12" apart and still last and by the feel of it, it has a poly batting. I believe W&N even requires more closer tying or quilting, I think at least every 8". I have said nothing because it really isn't my place to say anything. Should I without seeming bitter or a know it all or a quilt police?
Better to just leave it alone. It's sad for the people that end up with it, that it won't last, but it is a raffle quilt, so they shouldn't be out a ton of money on it. Eventually, word will get around that her quality isn't good, and they won't want her to make another one. They'll be begging you to make one. :lol: :lol:
This way, you just look like the sweet quilter that you are, that makes great quality products. If you "tell on her" you risk looking like a snotty know-it-all. It would be hard for me to bite my tongue, though!