Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Rainy Day

Originally Posted by hulahoop1
Originally Posted by DianD
There are people everywhere who tend to carry a "frank license." Where they get them, I don't know! Seem people will attack over the silliest things. In the past, I have been verbally abused for not having children..."Whats wrong with you? Aren't you ever going to grow up?" My personal favorite is "Who has the problem, you or your husband?" I used to cringe, but now I say," Well, I did have 6 children, but they were noisy and wanted to eat all the time, so I just dropped 'em off out in the country!" By the time they have recovered, I've turned on my heals and walked away!
Went grocery shopping on a low budget week years ago, and was running a total on paper. Grouchy old lady comes up behind me, looks over my shoulder and says loudly "Why not just buy a calculator?" I turned around and said, "Why not just mind your own business?" Her husband burst out laughing and said to his wife, "She sure told you!"
People don't scare me anymore!
My parents had 5 daughters, several were tomboys. One neighbor yelled at Mom and told her she had too darn many kids. My mom yelled back over the fence with "OK, you tell me which ones I should drown." Neighbor left us alone after that.
My mother used that one too! There are eight of us - four of each. She also used to ask which one she should shoot :lol: :lol: