Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 AM
dungeonquilts

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Kill with kindness, (being from the South, raised in a Southern Baptist Church with the ladies group running the town, I learned from the best). When you encounter rude had no raising people, always answer with How Kind of You in the sweetest stickiest voice you have. That is when others either draw near or run for their life. LOL This happened to me about machine quilting wasn't real quilting from a hateful woman. ____ How kind of you to let me know my quilt is not real. I swear, all the quilt classes I have taken, all the national quilt shows I have been to and not one person as ever told me that machine quilting made a quilt not real. I would like for you to come to my quilting quild and explain to our award winning quilters what is a real quilt. Let me have your name and number and I'll have our program director give you a call...never let up talking while you steer her out the door or room. The How Kind of You gives your mind the time to start forming long running sentences to get that person out and gone. I hear my DDs, now adults, start out with How kind of you....I know they can handle anything!
I read this reply and an hour later I was at my friends house (93 y/o) showing her a quilt I had put together and said something about hand tie'g the quilt and she came back with "now thats a real quilt".....you understand my mind did a flash back to what you had wrote. I have to think that there generation does not understand "new" technology