Thread: got a dog?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Rural City Girl

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Check out King Charles Cavelier Spaniels. They range between 12 and 20 lbs and would live in an apartment quite happily. They are the friendliest, happiest little dogs and come in 4 different colours, black and tan, tri-colour, ruby and Blenheim (gold and white). Their coats are not difficult to maintain but they sometimes get stuff caught in their long ears. They love to play with balls, squeaky toys and frisbees. Beacause of their size, Cavaliers will fit into a small travel dog carrier and can fly tucked under your seat. My daughter has flown out of province with hers on more than one occassion.
We have a Cavalier King Charles, tri-color. They really are great dogs. They are so good natured. Good around children, but I would recommend you expose them to children when he/she is a puppy. They are good dogs for apt. dwelling. Don't need alot of space. We only travel with him in our RV.

We love our little guy, but I would recommend a little girl. Our guy has the "alpha" male thing going and isn't all that friendly with other dogs. Also, one thing to be VERY careful about, and of course, we have been bad parents, is that they love to eat. And I'm not talking dog food. It is so hard to resist that face of theirs. Ours is overweight and is on a diet. It is hard for him to get exercise because he was born with a small bone problem in his hip.

I would caution you about getting one, if you intend to leave it for long periods of time, like a 6-8 hour day. They do not like to be left alone and are VERY much people dogs. We did a lot of research before we got our puppy (after we retired), and he fit exactly what we wanted and he certainly has been a great addition to our family.

Reagan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79700[/ATTACH]

Reagan
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79701[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79695.jpe   attachment-79696.jpe