Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
lclang

The quilt police come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and levels of expertise. I was president of our local guild which was just getting a good start. I had given permission for several of the youngest members (who had volunteered)to purchase fabric, cut pieces and bag them for the members to make a raffle quilt. One of the older members came up to me and asked if I was really going to let them do all that without some experienced help. I said I had offered to help in any way I could. She asked what I would do if they ruined the fabric. I told her as far as I knew they were still making that same fabric and if they goofed we would simply purchase another yard or two. She was so mad at me for allowing them to proceed even after she had given me a piece of her mind. They did a fine job, and quilt was pieced, quilted and brought a good amount of money. So quilt on! Who cares what they think. Give youth a chance! The cricical lady dropped out of the guild and the younger ones are still going strong 25 years later! I really feel like I got the last laugh!