Thread: got a dog?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by ktbb
I'm considering getting a small dog - live in a condo so looking for a lovable creature that is suitable for that environment. What kind of small dog do/or did you have and why did you like it? Needs to be able to travel occasionally with me too.
rescue a greyhound..they are couch potatoes and don't bark like crazy. very welbehaved, shy and lovable.i have 2 friends that have greyhounds and one also has a rescue whippet. smaller than a greyhound, but basicly the same.

small dogs tend to be yappers..not a good thing in a condo. i have JRT's and a JRT/Beagle mix. very active ,high strung,and bark at everything.
I am by no means an expert, but small dogs tend to have seperation anxiety issues..are you home all the time? my Jack is 10 years old and he still goes through the shakes and gets upset when i go to get my keys or shoes. they both shed like crazy too!

if your not in a hurry, there is a great show on tv, "Dogs 101". they rate them in every aspect of owning one. grooming, health,family or high energy.

i would suggest talking to a vet, to get a better idea.

don't let "cute" be your guide! lol