Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 AM
yellowsnow55

Originally Posted by threads57
I am always afraid to free motion on a project that I am working on and ruining it. I am a bit of a perfectionist. My mom taught me to rip it out if it wasn't perfect. I have tried working on just muslin but I could end up with a king size quilt and have nothing to show for it. Last week I made myself a tote bag from a pattern on Moda Bake Shop. I wanted to quilt it free motion. I took out the stitches 2 times. I referenced a book put out my Sulky called Weekend quilting by Sulky. There is a wall hanging in book where they show a different style of quilting in each square. It was like a light bulb moment for me. I tended to look at the large quilt it self and not block by block. I went on to quilt my bag which I visually divided into 4 sections. My bag turned out realy nice and I didn't have long loopy stitched. The book says to sew at a slow to med speed. I put on some music and let it set the rythm. I am ready to start another project.
You got it girl. :thumbup: I have been practicing on an old winter coat which is the same thickness as a quilt, using different designs and whatever colour is on the machine. Wear this coat when I'm walking the dog. People have been commenting on the continuous change of colour.