View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 AM
lillybeck

I made my first quilt for my nephew over 46 years ago and have made one for each addition to our immediate family and some for baby showers of close friends. These things take time and folks do not understand that. I recently gave a baby gift of a quilt that was made with squares of hand embroidered cocker spaniels on it and one of the ladies asked me if I could make one for her. She asked me how long it took to put together and I told her it only took about 6 hours to put together but I could not count the hours of sewing and cutting. Hopefully she will forget about it.
I do make quilts for my kids and grandkids when they request them but they know I do them my way and on my time. I will make a specialty quilt for a great grandbabies birthday theme if the parent requests it in time but they are very simple. People need to understand the time it takes to make these projects and when I am pressured because I feel like I have to do it I do not enjoy it.d Just say no I do not have the time.