View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
costumegirl

Teacher bailey - I'm in the same situation. I really enjoyed doing an appliqued fuzzy sheep quilt for a friend's first GC but now there is #2 and she asked if I would do a similar one but with bunnies for #2. She did offer to pay for it but I would feel bad if she did. I don't know if I will have much time for it in the near future so I will have to really think about if and when.

There are many people that do not have a clue as to the cost and the amount of time that it takes to sew or make something. I have done a lot of costuming/wardrobe designs for different theatre groups and have had lots of experience with many that do not know what is required. I patiently explain what is required to 'tweek' or adjust what they would like and they realize that it's not a 5 minute undertaking - has been very interesting!! Too bad I enjoy being creative with the costume designs because I should really focus on making quilts for myself and my family. I don't have any that I have made - have given them all away as gifts.