Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
patdesign

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
Ok, that explains it some for me.. Not sure how to drop the feed dogs, but will find out. But what you are saying about the special foot, that means to buy the quilting foot that is talked about? My adopted Quilting Mommy, lol, explained about that foot, so it sounds like I need to find out how to order one for my machine, since Walmart probably doesnt have them..
thanks.
If you plan to do a lot of free motion quilting, there are a couple of handy items out there you might like to know about. One is the quilt halo, which really helps you move the fabric about without tiring yourself as much. The other is a plastic type sheet that goes under the fabric and doesn't grab the fabric so much, it is very slippery and I found that the two items work really well. If you are not able to drop the feed dogs on your machine, you may be able to get a feed dog cover plate for your machine. You didn't mention how old or new it is. A lot of the newer machines come with a quilting foot which is a round "foot" like a donut, and doesnt impede the moving about of the fabric. :D