Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 AM
cimarron

Originally Posted by pennykasteel
I think I must be the impulse queen having read all your comments. I usually buy what is left on the roll. My worse impulse buy was in a small country town when I went into a fabric shop that was closing down. We were going to be back through there in a week & I asked if they would still be open. She said she hoped not, all she had to do was sell all her stock & then she would close. I offered a price for the lot! Luckily we have a large station wagon!!!My poor husband muttered all the way to our holiday destination & home again.
LOL! That's it...you ARE the reigning stash queen! (all bow) (he-he-he!)
Actually, anyone familiar with Hancocks Fabric Stores? Started stashing back in 70's in high school (worked there, & multiple fabric stores simultaneously...yep, got it bad). THAT store closed a few years ago...and I went back "just one more time to check" FIVE times. Plus, all the rest... As fabric prices continue to rise, I am more and more pleased I did stash. <3 DH <3 has been very supportive...usually. I do watch for sales...or think about it first. (sometimes TOO long, and too late...) So 3 yds unless know want for backing. Definately moving towards less of a particular piece, and a small amount of all it's companion pieces. (before collection disappears)