Old 07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by Marcia_PA
Okay, after thinking about this some more, I realized that the 45 degree angle of the two pieces joined to make the rectangle is the same kind of seam I get when I join pieces of binding diagonally to make longer lengths. After playing with some scraps, I think if I cut the pieces (that I had cut as 2 1/2" squares) as rectangles, about 3 1/2 x 2 1/2, I can join them to make the pieces I need (I'll cut them to the correct length after sewing). At least, I think so!

Maybe I can still salvage the rectangles I have already cut, but will have to find other uses for the 2 1/2" squares--maybe use them on the back side of the runner.
Here is what I came up with using Quilt Pro based on a 12" center block. I would use 1 4.5 inch square for the center of that block so deduct four of the 2.5 inch squares from the rotary chart. Also, the setting triangles are not the way I would do them in real life but it will work this way. I would make them smaller and continue the 2" border all the way around, mitering the corners. Quilt Pro is a little fussy when it comes to cutting odd shapes. It can be done but I didn't feel like making it do it my way--LOL!

Tablerunner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77344[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77339.jpe