View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Boo

Chris, one thing that helps me is to set a timer. Start with a half hour. Take a timer to the sewing room and only sew till the timer goes off. Get up and get yourself a beverage, a coffee or whatever. Each time you go to sew, do it with the intention of short period of time. They will add up!

Regarding the quilting, just plan on doing straight line quilting with your walking foot. You are in a time crunch, so don't put additional stress on yourself by trying to be creative. I know that most of the stress I place on myself is not necessary. Remind yourself that finished is better than perfect and that quilting is fun. We are our own worst critics anyway. The recipient of the gift will be grateful for the love you put into their gift. Never, (are you listening?), never point out flaws or claim it not very good. Do you really want your loved one to think you care so little of them you would give them a broken gift? Of course not!!! The gift is from your heart and your hands. The quilted item is what you wrap.

Enjoy your holidays and your family. My sister did a Thanksgiving dinner for 28 and did all the cooking prior to Thanksgiving. She only had to heat everything before serving. Now that is a way to alleviate stress!! Wonder how she got to be so smart. :lol: