View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:36 AM
merryhare

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I'm glad my DM isn't like that. Yes, my DM quilts too, in fact she's the one that got me ADDICTED. I made a special quilt for her and she proudly has it on the bed every day. She also has a dear friend that threatens to "steal" , I mean "borrow" the quilt when they're back up north for the summers,lol!!! They have each others house keys and at least she'd know where it was.
Are you my sister? Mom has made quilts for all the kids and grandkids--at least 2 each, some have 3. Then she has 2-3 for each bed in her house and in her summer house. She rotates them all the time. Recently she had us put names on them for when she is gone (she is 84) and she was so suprised when her youngest GD asked for a wall hanging at the summer place that she could only have seen once about 10 years ago (she is now 23.) I said, well, darn I wanted that! Luckily for me my SIL didn't know the exact rules of the game and thought some things were off limits...........
Mom was not too happy with me when I cut my first quilt from here in half and made them into window shades but I have my newest quilt from her on my bed (her old antique 4 poster) and the older worn out quilt on the windows. It is beautiful and I love my room! She also made the cat pillows.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77186.jpe