View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

We have several Janomes and really like them. One feature that seems to be consistent with these machines is their tension. No messing around it is consistently wonderful. My experience with some more expensive machines has not been as wonderful when it came to the tension. Fopr the money they tend to pack a lot of features.

My main machine is the Janoma 6500, 6 1/2 yrs old and used daily, and I would highly recommend the 6500, 6600 or 6700. I really like the automatic thread cutter, knee lifter and extended bed for quilting. Actually would not like to do without it. There is also a sepperate bobbin winder. Very nice so you do not have to take everything off the regular set up in order to wind the bobbins.

I am not familiar with the model you mentioned. Hopefully some one will respond that has the machine. I did google it and do not think it has the longer bed, automatic thead cutter or a knee lifter. Maybe if you could safe up a little more it would be well worth it. Also try and test "drive" it at a dealer before you buy.