Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
skydiver70

So many things I miss:

My stepgrandfather trying to teach my cousin and I to sing (he had gone to a singing school) We would climb up in an apple tree and he stood on the ground and directed our "singing".

My grandmother who lived to be over 100 years old. She was the dearest grandmother ever. She bought me my first car when I was 19 year old. "A 1956 Chevrolet"

My dad, who has been gone for 37 years. We had so much fun when we were kids as Daddy and Mama would get out and ride our tricycles just like we did.

My brother who passed away in 2006. He and I were very close. We went fishing a lot at the creek on our farm. I remember he caught a big catfish on the trot line once. He took it off the hook and put it on a string to carry home. It flopped around on the ground and got dirty, so I dipped it in the spring branch near where we caught it. The fish broke loose and my brother said we could have washed the fish when we got back to the house.

My Mama who passed away last year 2009 as the result of a nurse in a nursing home treating her in such a way that it resulted in her death. I still have not gotten over this. Mama was a quilter and I have so many of her and Grandma's quilts.

I miss growing up and playing in a play house with my brother and sister. We used Pet milk cans as walls for our rooms.

Sorry I reminisced so long.