Thread: Shoes-sore legs
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
lab fairy

How dressy do you have to be? I guess you shoe choices depend on how what "look" you need to achieve. Do you have a dress code for work? I don't have a dress code per se but safety regulations I have to follow so in a lab I wear very good athletic shoes and hiking boots in the field. I am prohibited from having anything with a heel, open-toe or heel, etc. My mother and sister on the other hand dress in the opposite direction (very fashionista).

My advice is to TRY SHOES ON and find ones that work for you. No one will have the same foot needs. Never buy over the internet unless they are exact replacements for something you are already wearing. It is amazing how sizes and widths vary with different brands. Nothing is more miserable than an ill-fitting shoe. I've had "cheap" shoes that have felt great and expensive ones feel really bad. I would rather buy a good shoe in a neutral color and pay a little more than a cheap bad shoe that matches my outfit.

You might look for Easy Spirits. They have some nicer looking shoes that are comfortable (I just wish they still carried everything in narrow). There are some really good inserts for shoes as well.