View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 PM
BlueChicken

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Haven't noticed anything that appears negative in nature. Just because someone vents, doesn't mean they are negative or non-inspirational.

If you ever need to vent, you know how to PM me! There is a reason for everything, and it doesn't mean we are not greatful for what we have or who we are.

Perhaps our site is the only souce one has to share something with, depending on how you see it. If one is unable to share, regardless of the reason, this is unacceptable to me.

Are we not here to help, whether it be quilting or some other aspect of someones life? We can't assume we know things about a person on the other side of these forums.

May I share the following from Ane Morrow Lindbergh:

I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world, would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering, must be added mourning, and understanding, patience, love, openmess amd the willingness to remain vunerable.

In everyone one there is something precious, found in no one else; so honor each man for what is h him - for what he alone has hidden within him - for what he alone has, and none of hos fellows. HISIDIC SAYING.\

New Zealand writer Katherine Mansfield 1888-1923---

I ALWAYS FELT THAT THE GREAT HIGH PRIVILEGE, RELIEF AND COMFORT OF FRIENDSHIP WAS THAT ONE HAD TO EXPLAIN NOTHING.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and these are mine for whatever it is worth. :)

Helen
You're absolutely right, I didn't mean to infer that if someone was behaving negatively that they are a negative person. We all have bad days, no doubt about that.

And I do believe that people need to vent. Perhaps we shouldn't, but I think we do need it. It comes down to what or rather where is an appropriate place. You wouldn't walk into the middle of a large party and start complaining loudly about life in general. At least, I hope people wouldn't! LOL You would wait until you're in a comfortable setting with a select friend or two.

The general areas of the board are the large party, the comfortable setting with close friends is the PDA section.

The thought that this might be the only contact some people have with the outside world is often thrown about, and while I understand the sentiment, I think it's a little dramatic. This may be one of the few contacts some people have, but it's not the only one.

We all have a common passion, and that connects us as friends. But in general terms it's a fragile friendship built on that one common interest, some of us having nothing else we share, just that one thing. And as such it's a friendship that needs to be treated carefully, not taken for granted, one that needs positivity to thrive and grow stronger. It can't be treated the same as the friends you've grown up with, shared life's joys and pains with.