Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
windycitygal

Originally Posted by litacats
Wow where do I start. I have only just started quilting so I have no idea how much of anything I would need, but oh boy did I do well one day, I went to buy some new clothes as hubby had left our travel bag in the middle of the kitchen floor and we were 7 hours from home, so of we went and on the way I saw a shop just a little shop not even set up just boxes and tables full of scrapbooking ribbons lace and guess what bolts of quilting material, I hadn't even made my first quilt but oh boy I bought 2 of this and 2 of that and 5 of wool batting and the list goes on, I spent more there than I did on 2 new outfits of clothes for my husband and myself. then a week later I called into one of my favourite fabric stores to buy some backing material and I went to the $2.00 table. bought what I wanted from there and next the salesperson said what about the $1.00 table so of I went to look I bought a whole roll I don't even know how much is on it as she gave me such a good price I could'nt leave it there could I I would guess at 20 mtrs for $15.00 and it didn't stop there now my card crafting room has been taken over material, the spare bedroom has become my quilting room, look out mum what can I put in your room. oh dear me get a grip on yourself girl.
litacats
Litacats Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting!
:D :D :D :D :D :D