View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:57 AM
patricej
Administrator

i wish i could hop the first plane to New Zealand. i'd find BlueChicken and give her the biggest, fattest, squeeziest, squishiest, squashiest hug ever! :thumbup:

i'm so happy to see this topic i'm getting misty. :-)

i don't like seeing the rants, raves, vents and other misery that is becoming so common here. i especially don't like it because i can't indulge in the luxury of ignoring it. as a moderator, have to go in to check it out. i too often have to keep going back to monitor the "progress" of the "conversation". in short, i cannot pretend it doesn't exist.

several good reasons have already been offered here that demonstrate why such topics are not appropriate here. i'd like to add one more - admittedly selfish - reason i don't like them. i sometimes end up so ticked off by a rant that before i know it, i'm caught up in the anger and fire off a rant of my own against the rant. now that's irony in a nutshell. :hunf: :roll: :lol:

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
i love this suggestion. it's what i wish i accomplished in every case. i will be grateful beyond measure to anybody and everybody who can help us make it happen. ;-)

i'm tickled pink to see that i'm not the only one who feels that way! :thumbup: