Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
PrettyKitty

Originally Posted by scrappinmad
Prettykitty, first off...Welcome to the board!!, second...I love your avatar...very funny pic., 3rd...most important...do whatever you want with your quilt! There are no "quilt police". That being said however, you should decide if the quilt will be a "use everyday" type of quilt of a "drape over something to show it off and use it occasionally" type of quilt. I am not so sure the satin would hold up well to constant washing, but-- its your quilt..have it anyway you'd like!
I agree. It is your quilt and you do it the way you want too, but for what my two cents might be worth I too would think about how this quilt will be used. After (still) :wink: raising 3 of my own I can tell ya the blankies with satin wore out and the cotton are still kicking around here. LOL
Well, I think the general consensus seems to be that satin, although nice, would wear quicker. My question really was more to do with using ribbon, not really about the type of material it was made from. But going on the comments posted here, I have decided to not try and 'cheat', but to make my binding from cotton and join the strips as I have seen in all the 'how to' sites. If I do it as it is usually done, then I have a standard to work from in the future! Thanks to all for the useful advice! :D