View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Quilting Nonnie

I name my quilts too. I made a blue batik quilt for my son. He has always liked batik; he also plays the piano. The quilt name: Paul Plays the Blues.

Several of my quilts don't have labels. The ones I give away always have labels; the ones I've kept for myself do not. I also have inherited all my aunt's lovely totally hand made quilts. She never labeled them! :-( I wish she had...I've been taking them, a few at a time, to an appraiser. The only quilts that I know the dates on are the ones she gave me. It would have been so nice to have the dates and the reason for making the quilts. She also never took pictures of her quilts...and she made hundreds.

My on-going project is making labels for my quilts and also for my aunt's. At least they will have her name and where she lived in case they sometime pass to someone's hand that wasn't related to her!

I also keep a provenance on all my quilts with pictures, size, date started, date finished, the story behind and the making of the quilt with picture. I was lucky enough to decide to do this early on in my quilting, so that I have all of them recorded.

Paul Plays the Blues
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74543.jpe