Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by mgshaw
This is really harder than I expected! I have a whole tote full of YUKs but going through them I kept finding some small redeeming quality in them, go figure!
I can absolutely relate to that. it becomes less of a problem if they're nice big pieces. just find other fabs that take the best advantage of those heretofore unseen redeeming qualities and create a top. but i'm stuck with some fat quarters ... i don't hate them enough to use for dishclothes; i don't like them enough to give away (wouldn't want anybody to think i'm taking advantage of a swap to unload uglies); i'm embarrassed to offer them for sale; but to spend more money buy fabs to use with them just doesn't make sense. so .... they sit in a drawer, waiting for fate and fortune to send them some friends - hopefully before i die and some poor shnook of an heir gets stuck with them. :lol:

what's worse, though, is to look at fabrics that i think are lovely, but (so far, anyway) unusable. i know i like them. in many cases, i even have coordinating fabs already picked out. the problem is ... how to cut into them without obliterating the beauty. the big, fat, gorgeous flower will disappear if i cut here ... the patch now belongs to a completely different color or value family if i cut there ... etc, etc, etc. too pretty to "waste" on the back. don't have the heart to cut it up for a front. AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

p.s. mg's and patsy's cheaters ... as they are now ... admittedly hideous. but both be transformed into loveable tops without too much effort.