View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Betty

Hi Becky, It was 77Mercedes who was writing about used cabinets. If I were going to try to get some, at least in my area, there are so many people rehab-ing/redecorating their homes that I would watch my local little classifieds-type papers. Many people when they do their kitchens over will put their used cabinets up for sale to see if they can recoop some of their costs. Unless they are practically still new they are usually pretty inexpensive. If you have a Habitat for Humanity store nearby, which I luckily do, they have all sorts of building supplies they sell, my store always seem to have many cabinets. Other than that I would not know anywhere else to look. If you keep a mental "shopping" list when around different places you would be surprised what you practically accidently stumble across. I have come across drastically marked down cabinets, odd ones, maybe some scratches, being cleared out at Home Depot,Lowe's kind of places, but you can't depend on just going there and finding any. It is hit or miss.Good luck with your hunt. 8) Betty