View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:06 PM
knlsmith

Okay, this is just a vent.

I have done my work to make sure that everything I sell I am properly licensed and/or have permission to do so from the designer of the patterns I use. It takes a lot of work/time/money to obtain this priviledge. I am not complaining about that part of it. I love to work and I love to EARN the priviledge. It is my honor to recreate a designer's idea into fabric or whatever medium I desire. I find it to be very rewarding to be able to make things and sell them.

My problem is whenever I get ready to list something on etsy or somewhere else, there are already people selling these items without a license/permission. So I don't even bother with it online.

I am not trying to pay my house payment or truck payment. I just like to make enough to buy more fabric and supplies to make more items to sell. it is relaxing and fun to do.

I just find it completely and utterly UNFAIR that people just willy nilly sell stuff without permission. If they had permission, they would know that most designers want their name mentioned as the designer and you (or me the one who makes the item) listed as the creator.

UGH! At least I know I can sleep at night knowing that i did it the right way. But I had to "kick n scream" about it somewhere. Everyone here knows how much work, thought, and love goes into our handmade items so i thought this would be a safe place to vent.

Thank you for your time. Ok. Now time to make some more bags! :)