View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:30 PM
AbbyQuilts

Originally Posted by Chele
Let's be upstanding individuals and give credit where credit is due. Our creations are our intellectual property and are protected whether you believe it or not. Check the law. If you steal or "borrow" property and profit from it you may be confronted by the owner. In most cases all you have to do is ask permission and the owner is thrilled to share. How easy is that?

I don't know where manners went, but I know we all know good manners. You wouldn't steal candy from your elderly neighbor and sell it to the neighborhood kids would you? Of course not. Let's show the quilting community we respect their contributions. We may be in their shoes some day.

I dont think anyone is saying not to use manners we are talking about the law
And weather pattern makers likes it or not when a pattern is released for sale they lose all rights to dictate whats done with that pattern other then the pattern may not be copied and sold.
If they want to limit who can make and sell items then they need to licenses their pattern and only those that agree to the licensing can make and sell the resulting product.
And agreeing is not simply stating on the pattern that it can not be sold.

I am not saying this to be rude or be argumentative but mis information about patterns is rampant in the craft industry