View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:37 AM
ginnyk

I contacted eQuiltPatterns with the specific question about selling a quilt with a pattern I had just purchased. This was her reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us. Copyright law can be confusing, so we are very happy to that contacted us as each company handles this issue differently. We allow you to sell one (1) quilt made from each of our patterns. Sales of more than one quilt requires that you purchase a copy of the pattern for each quilt that you make and sell. So, if you want to make 3 quilts to sell, you would purchase a total of 3 copies of the pattern (this is in essence a royalty fee). We would very much appreciate it if you would include the designers names and source of the pattern on the quilt label as well. If you purchase 1 pattern per quilt you sell, then you would not need any additional written permission. Sales of more than one quilt per purchased pattern would require additional written permission as we would need to draw up a liscensing agreement detailing the terms. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Kind Regards,

Liz Schwartz

This particular pattern is so complicated that selling it would never be an issue, but I certainly will take her answer into consideration if I do decide to sell one.